Menü
  LAN-Party
  Login
  Suchen
Giga-Lan-Rahden >> Feedback > New England is parting ways with its former undrafted rookie
Antwort erstellen
 Autor Thema: New England is parting ways with its former undrafted rookie
liny195
21.11.2019 um 04:46 QuoteProfileSend PM

Clan: Kein Clan
Postings: 567

free signing." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhitePats Pulpita New England Patriots communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpPatriots NewsOpinion and AnalysisContribute!About the SiteTopicsPatriotsOddsShopStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhitePatriots News Opinion and Analysis Contribute! FanPostsFanShotsAbout the Site List of Patriots Twitter AccountsWrite For Pats Pulpit!New User Welcome and Commenting GuideCommunity GuidelinesMastheadTopics Patriots Off-Season CoveragePatriots Opinion/AnalysisPatriots NewsPatriots Draft CoverageSportfolio ManagementFiled under:Patriots NewsPatriots release defensive tackle Frank Herron to make room for Jamie CollinsNew White Stephen Gostkowski Jerseys ,14commentsRelated: Re-signing Jamie Collins a gamble worth taking for the PatriotsEDTShareTweetShareSharePatriots release defensive tackle Frank Herron to make room for Jamie CollinsPhoto by Billie Weiss/Getty ImagesOn Wednesday, the New England Patriots brought Jamie Collins back into the fold: after spending the last two and a half seasons with the Cleveland Browns, the reigning world champions re-signed the 29-year-old to add depth to its linebacker corps. The move was not made official yet, however, and will likely to hit the NFL’s transaction wire today. And when it does, a corresponding roster move will have to be made.According to a report by ESPN’s Field Yates, this move will look as follows: the Patriots will release backup defensive tackle Frank Herron to make room on the 90-man roster for Collins. Herron was entering his second season with the Patriots after originally joining the club as an undrafted free agent in 2018. The 24-year-old LSU product spent the majority of his rookie campaign on New England’s practice squad.Herron Stephen Gostkowski Jerseys 2019 , who was named practice player of the week on five separate occasions last year, faced an uphill climb to make the Patriots’ roster this season. Despite the team losing Malcom Brown in free agency and making no move to plug the still unsigned Danny Shelton from the open market, Herron was considered to be little more than a depth option behind roster locks Lawrence Guy, Mike Pennel and Adam Butler at this point.Today’s move confirms this — and that the Patriots coaching staff felt his roster spot is better used differently: on Collins, who started his career as a second-round pick in New England before getting traded to Cleveland midway through the 2016 season. While the one-time Pro Bowler is no lock to make the team either, his chances look better than Herron’s ever did given his athletic upside and experience in the system. Patriots defensive tackle Danny Shelton has always been a big man, but last year he was too big for Bill Belichick’s liking. Not anymore.Shelton said Belichick wanted him lighter than he was last year White Matthew Slater Jerseys , when the Patriots made him inactive for some key games down the stretch, and Shelton delivered.“I think Bill was really surprised when I came in for OTAs and I was about 325, as [compared] to 342 pounds that I was the previous year,” Shelton said, via the . “I felt a lot quicker. I felt like he’s seen my goal this year as far as how much my weight plays a part in my approach to the season. We agreed on 330 as a good goal, and I’ve been maintaining that this whole offseason.”How did he do it? By replacing some of the high-calorie staples in his diet with vegetables, as well as by getting creative with his workouts with activities including mixed martial arts Matthew Slater Jerseys 2019 , jiu-jitsu and chopping logs with an axe.Shelton knows he has to impress Belichick to make the Patriots’ roster, and he thinks by showing a commitment to keeping his weight down, he has.“It’s tough for big guys to lose weight and maintain it,” Shelton said. “For me, I’m one of the big guys that fluctuates in weight a lot. Early in my career it was something I didn’t really see as something that would affect my game. Learning from my previous years, now I handle it more professionally.”

[ Antwort erstellen ]
  Aktuelle News
  LAN-Party
13. Apr 2012 - 15. Apr 2012
Bezahlt: 37Angemeldet/nicht bezahlt: 25Frei: 58 37
( Anmelden/Status )
  Forum
  Umfragen
Derzeit gibt es keine aktuellen Umfragen.
  Buddyliste [0/0]
Du musst eingeloggt sein um die Buddyliste zu nutzen.
  User Online
  • ?
  • ?

• ( Go )